Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Syndicate, Season 3, "San Diego's Finest Poker"

After generating some nice ratings in Season 2, The Syndicate is back for a third season starting on July 29!! It even has a web site now (thanks Jerry!) for fans to capture a behind-the-scenes look at the players, the group, event results, and the upcoming schedule.

http://www.sdsyndicate.com/

With two players having WSOP Main Event experience and 4 others gaining WSOP experience in 2007 preliminary events, The Syndicate can promise a high level of tournament poker (followed by an equally low level of live poker -- with Tequila added!).
-----------------

Congratulations to Tom Standring who became the first Syndicate representative to cash in a WSOP event, a $2000 No Limit Hold-Em event.

Let's spread the word to San Diego poker players that we have a terrific set up and a great product to offer. The higher the attendance throughout the season, the more prizes we will have to divvy up at the end.

As we approach the beginning of the Syndicate season, I look forward to further honing my skills in a good group of players. Of course, it will be kinda nice to have a target on my head as the one to beat -- I'm looking forward to the challenge.

As I look back on Season 2, I remember not taking the first several events as seriously as I might have. I hadn't studied the game very much at that point, and I didn't have realistic expectations of winning the title. With more focus at the beginning of the third season, I hope to put myself in a stronger position coming down the stretch. I have put in a lot of hours of tournament (and live) poker in the last year, and I feel my game is much stronger now compared to the beginning of Season 2.

I really want to get back to the big dance in 2008. Syndicate members beware.

[and thank you, Heather, for your understanding as I go for another win in Season 3]

No comments: