Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 2, Level 7 - 500/1000/100

I have a top 10 chip leader 2 seats to my left. He has over 150,000. Great. Other than that, I like my table for Day 2b. A couple of medium stacks and a couple of short stacks. I am THE short stack though and need to find an opportunity to double fairly soon.

Ugly cards for an hour straight. I had weak Aces twice, but other than that, no playable cards whatsoever. In a cash game, I wouldn't mind so much, but it sucks to be a short stack and not have a chance to even see two high cards. I was pushing with 2 paint or a decent Ace, but got no opportunities to do so. The big stack shows 9s and Qs within the first 8 hands -- so not fair.

Anyway, I was patient, but couldn't wait too much longer, as I'd been blinded down to under 8000 chips an hour + into day 2. I open pushed with J-7 offsuit, which was the best hand I'd seen in a while and was called by 8s. After pairing my J on the turn and taking a big lead, we both make a flush on the river. But his is 8 high and mine 7 high. Done.

Can't wait to play again in years to come!

No comments: