Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Level 3 - 200/400

On the 1st hand at this level I pick up AsKc in the SB. I smooth call a raise. With an overall perspective on the event, I think I played a bit too tight. I could have easily re-raised with AK in the blind, but then where am I when I air ball the flop? With a combination of the blinds just having increased and my poor position in the hand, I chose to just call the raise to 1200 (with a stack just under 20k).
Flop is AcQc10c. Nice, I finally hit a flop hard, with top pair, top kicker, and a royal flush draw. I check, he bets $1800, I raise to $4100 and he folds. Without an Ace or a high club, I wasn't going to get any more chips out of him, but still I could have smooth called his bet and then led out on the turn. However, if any of my cards come (a Jack, a club, an Ace, or the Jc), he probably isn't going to pay me off anyway on a scary board.

No comments: