Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Level 4 - 200/400/50

1st hand after the dinner break. Two Qs. I blogged about this hand earlier as it was pretty sick that the guy flopped a set of Jacks twice in the same hand, with the same card (Js). I lost 1/3 of my stack on this hand, but made a good laydown with an overpair of Qs.

I immediately get moved to Table 66 with Varkonyi and Ferguson. Ferguson has 60k chips, Varkonyi has 30k, and I have 13k. They both have position on me. Sweeeeeet!

1st hand at the new table. I decide to step up my aggression a bit, and maybe I was steaming after the Qs, but i pick up A-10 in early position and raise. I get 1 caller in the BB. Flop is KQ10. He leads for 1200, I call, with a pair, a draw to the nuts, and an overcard. Turn is 2s. He bets 1200 again and I fold, done being milked by what was probably a very strong hand. AJ or QQQ....whatever, I was beat.

I call a standard raise in the SB with AQ (the nuts baby - my favorite hand in the universe!). I check the K high flop. He checks behind. I turn broadway and lead out for 2000. He smooth calls. I check the club on the river putting a 3 flush on board and he bets 2000. I call not feeling it, and he shows KQcc for the 2nd nut flush. Wow - I had him killed in every way and he makes the 2nd nuts.....nice hand. I'm down to 7000 chips early on at my second table.

I call the blind with 66 in middle position and flop bottom set on a 6-7-10 board. 4 players to the flop. I bet and get 1 caller. on the turn is the 5h, he checks to me, I go all in for 6300. He eventually calls after trying to get me to talk about my hand. He shows 10-8 for top pair and a gut shot. He rivers 2 pair, which is not enough. I more than double up to 16k chips.

No comments: